As you are aware, there is a big campaign at the moment about MTD (or Making Tax Digital), which means that you need to ensure all your tax returns, or your clients’ tax returns are all completed electronically. This means that you will need to use software (there are many options available to you) to complete these tasks as it is now a legal requirement since April 2019.
As mentioned, there are various different software packages available to you that can help with the MTD requirements, one of these being something called BTC Software.
BTC Software is user-friendly and makes self-assessment work easy for you and your team members, which in turn should help your clients to get the results they require with the minimum amount of fuss and disruption to their all-important time.
Using BTC’s software should be relatively straight forward right from the start as it is easy to download and install and you also have free unlimited technical support that can assist you in any way you require.
As with most software packages, you are able to select from (in this case) two packages, that have different price points based on how many returns you’re looking for and also how many users you are going to need on the software. Other than that, both packages come with the following as standard:
- Simple install pack which can be used for network or standalone installations
- Cloud installation directly via our software technical team
- Interactive quick-start demonstration
- Simple transfer of client/Director information from most existing self-assessment tax software applications
- Easy to follow user guide
- Built-in Tooltips and HMRC help
- Free technical support
The software also has key features including:
- Creating Individual Tax Returns (SA100), Partnership Tax Returns (SA800) and Trust Tax Returns (SA900) with online filing as standard. Includes Scottish Rates.
- Automatic link between Partnership (SA800) and partners’ returns (SA100 and SA900)
- Secure client database to maintain standing data and monitor the progress of returns. Also the capability to view the submission history of returns
- Returns lockable to avoid accidental changes at the Partner’s end
- Built in comprehensive Capital Allowance Calculator
- Automatic preparation and attachment of schedule showing capital gains tax calculations
- Integrated FTSE 350 dividend database
- Includes all supplementary pages (Ministers of Religion, Lloyds Underwriters etc)
- Reports that easily summarise all data on a return.
- Comprehensive and updateable tax office codes and inclusion of all HMRC help sheets and updated country codes
- Time-saving auto-complete dates feature
- Clear status markers enabling you to see the progress of each return
- Fee-earner allocation by client (to track and maintain client / fee earner responsibility)
- Integration with many accounts production packages to easily import data, save time and improve accuracy
- Integration with HMRC API’s to pre populate individual tax returns with data already known by HMRC.
- Intuitive layout with context sensitive HMRC guidance notes.
- All returns validated before submission to reduce errors.
- Built in task reminder system to reduce risk of late penalties.
- Easily attach PDF files to return.
- Data is easy to retrieve and review on screen.
For more information visit https://www.btcsoftware.co.uk/self-assessment/ – you’ll definitely find it easy to use the software to make your clients’ tax returns easy.